- access to a global network of techies through dedicated Slack channels
- VMware licenses for my lab for 1 year
- dedicated webinars for vExperts
- parties at VMworld (this will wait a bit for now)
- more people and knowledge through the subprogram
- increased visibility on social media: Twitter, LinkedIn
More goodies: I got licenses and complimentary subscriptions from partners like Hy Trust, Runecast, Veeam, Pluralsight and others.
Having the tools I was able to rebuild my own lab and test new products and features. I was able to expand my knowledge with new technologies. This boosted my confidence, but it also made me think how I can give back more.
Giving back for me it's mostly time through the blog posts, the VMUG meetings I help organizing and sometimes even speak at and the chats I have with my peers. But you can take other paths than me: be a public speaker, write a book or an article, be a customer evangelizing within your organization or at public events, be a passionate member of a partner organization. There are many ways in which you can apply, you just need to apply (here).