Last Friday vRealize Automation 8.4 was released and we are going to take a look at some of the new features.
vRA vRO Plugin
The vRO plugin for vRA is back and it seems it is here to stay for good. This is one of the long waited come backs. There are several phases of development for the plugin and what we get now is phase 1 functionalities:
- management of vRA on-premises and vRA Cloud hosts
- preserver authentication to the hosts and dynamic host creation
- REST client available allowing requests to vRA
- specify order in which the disks are created
- choose SCSI controller to which the disk is connected
- day 2 actions on the disks part of image template
- support for Azure shared images
- Azure disk encryption set - encrypt VMs and attached disks and support 3rd party KMS
- Azure disk snapshot - create and mange disk snapshots with Azure deployments
- Support for Catalog Items which has Custom Resource (without for vRO Objects)
- Support for Catalog Items with Custom Day 2 actions
- Ability to customize vRA Catalog by adding Edit Box and Drop down in ServiceNow.
- Ability to add to attach a script to these fields.
- Deployment Details on available in ServicePortal